Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tasteful

A few days ago I remembered something a classmate gave me when I was in elementary school. I thought I still had it tucked away in a box of old drawings, so I looked and found it. Yes, that's it below: a page from a notepad featuring a cartoon of an angry man coming in from what was presumably a very bad game of golf and punching his wife in the face as she tries to hand him a drink. Nothing says comedy like domestic violence.



I don't know quite what's more appalling about this image, that a company thought it was appropriate as a background for their notepads, or that the image is credited to "Kimberly-Clark". Is that this Kimberly-Clark? No, it can't be. Also, I don't think Byrd Business Forms, Inc. exists anymore since I couldn't find them in the Danville phone book.

No comments: