Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Um...

The two oxygen wasters I worked with quit in the past couple of weeks, so now I'm at work all by myself. To help combat the crushing tedium and misery of my shitty job I've been reading a Zane Grey novel of all things. I downloaded it from Project Gutenberg, so I can open it Notepad and have it in a small window at the bottom of the screen. It looks like I'm actually working instead of malingering. I do love to malinger.

Anyway, the point of this ramble is to mention an odd bit of dialog in this ancient novel:
"Me! Where'd I ever see any girls?" ejaculated Dale. "I remember some when I was a boy, but I was only fourteen then. Never had much use for girls."
OK, whatever floats your boat, Dale, but there's quite a bit of ejaculating in this novel. Also, men stand errect on occasion as well. If I encounter a passage where someone stands errect and then ejaculates I don't think I'll be able to contain myself. It's distracting, I tell you!

No comments: