Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Avalanche.

I always wondered what it would be like to suddenly have tons of people hit my blog because of something I'd written. In a year and a half of blogging I didn't have that problem; virtually no one was interested in anything I'd written. Well, yesterday I got to find out. The final tally was 346 hits. My old record for one day was something like 70-something, I think. The typical daily average is around 30 hits.

It started when J-Walk linked to my Monkey Grip (AKA "the correct way to hold a pencil") post from April. He's linked to me several times before, but I never got a bunch of hits as a result. Then, appropriately, I started getting hits from Monkeyfilter, who'd linked the same post. (But without crediting J-Walk. Bad monkey!)

And the hits just keep on coming. Today I had over 60 a little after 9 AM.

This morning I also noticed I was getting hits from Diamond Geezer. He used to link to me, but took the link down after I went inactive. But why multiple hits all of a sudden? I found out that today he's going to see if he can leave a comment in a hundred different blogs he reads. You can actually track his progress. At last count he was only about halfway, but considering how insanely industrious he is, I don't doubt he'll finish.

No comments: