Friday, February 27, 2004

Last Snow Day Ever.

We got what’s probably going to be the last snow of the season last night, which means I get one more snow day. I should, of course, spend this time doing important things like reading the next chapter in my evil accounting textbook, studying for the next excruciating LAN test, or doing the latest assignment in my utterly useless web design class. Naturally, I haven’t been doing any of these things. So, instead of doing homework, I put on warm clothes, got my Nikon SLR and my cheap-ass digital camera, and slogged out into the snow.

The snow is the deepest we’ve had in a long time. There were points when it would’ve been useful to have snowshoes, or whatever those tennis-racket-looking-things you strap to your feet are called.

This is a semi-rural area, so I had lots of snow covered trees, a barn, and wide expanses of land to shoot. But, I suppose, if you've seen one snow covered barn, you've pretty much seen them all.

I shot up an entire roll of slide film in the Nikon, which will probably join the rest of the exposed rolls that I’ve had laying around for nearly two years. The digital pictures, on the other hand, were going up on the moblog. It’s a cheap and nasty camera, but I don’t have to wait for the results.

Unfortunately, when I got back inside and hooked the digital up to my computer I was informed the camera had no pictures in it. So eighteen pixilated, blurry, but carefully composed shots were now in oblivion. It’s things like this that are killing me.

Earlier, I did manage to get a couple of shots of the snow and they’re up at the moblog if you're interested.

I’m exhausted.

No comments: