Wednesday, February 06, 2008

WWJD?

Hey, it's time for a new post. Things have been deadly dull around here (except for the double murder that happened down the street a couple of days ago), so I haven't felt like posting anything. Nothing inspired me the way it used to. I was drifting along in a sea of goo. Actually, now that I think about it, a sea of goo would be interesting. Maybe. Gooey, anyway. But I digress.

In years past what I'd do when I was going to put up a new post was to simply poke around on the internet until I found something funny, weird, inexplicable, etc. that I wanted to share with the three of four people who actually read this blog. These days all I do is plod around online, but I rarely find anything that inspires me. That is until today. When I was scanning comments over at The Comics Curmudgeon (one of my daily reads), I found the ad below.



At first I naturally thought, "Ooh, nice rack." But then I noticed it was an ad for a Christian dating site. I don't get it. It's a Christian dating site, but yet they're appealing to the basest instincts of the straight male. How is this supposed to work? A guy sees the ad and thinks, "Damn, look at the rack on her." And then what? Is he supposed to wonder if she's a good Christian girl to start a wholesome family with? For crying out loud, she's standing sideways and wearing a flimsy camisole that would instantly be rendered transparent with a surprisingly small amount of water. (Not that I've spent a lot of time thinking about such a scenario. Really, I haven't.)

How is this ad different than one for Online Booty Call or whatever? Maybe they could rename the site Christian Booty Call. (I should buy that domain as an investment.) It's kind of like when hunters put out duck decoys. This ad gets you all excited about boobs and then when you least expect it you're blindsided by a schoolmarm with a bad perm who wants ten kids. By then it's too late. (And, yes, I know this has nothing at all to do with my duck hunting analogy.)

I had something profound to say about all of this, but I'm just too distracted by boobs to think clearly. Sorry.

No comments: