Sunday, July 06, 2003

According to Blogger co-founder and CEO Evan Williams, the text ads at the top of the Blogger free pages have been changed and now, "[...]include links to related searches to whatever's on the page.[...]" This sort of thing is interesting, I suppose, but what real use is it? The results listed at the top of my page are just random and strange, only just vaguely reffering to things I posted weeks ago: duck, mighty mouse, monkey, and captain caveman. The ads displaying as I write this are for a site where you can download Betty Boop cartoons and the Library of Cartoon Art. Earlier today I had two ads for what I think were computer dating sites for the overweight. The content of the ads is supposed to be based on the content of the blog, but, as usual, I'm clueless as to what any of this has to do with anyting I've written in the past.

Also at Evhead (today I'm just going to steal his content because I can't be bothered to come up with my own) I found a link to this peculiar blog. The idea is for the readers to supply the content: "Form a sentence from the acronym of the last word found on the latest post." The results aren't quite readable, but it's a fascinating experiment and challenge for people who like word games and have way too much time on their hands.

No comments: