Tuesday, May 27, 2003

I thought of something wonderfully pointless this morning. Every month in Playboy they have a Playmate photo layout and centerfold of some girl no one's ever heard of sans clothes, and these layouts always have an accompanying article about said girl. I don't think these incredibly stupid pieces are actually supposed to be read by anyone, but I, naturally, end up reading them. (You put words in front of me and I'm going to read them.) What makes these articles so stupid is that these women haven't actually done anything to warrant being written about in a respected international magazine with a readership in the millions, other than simply being young, beautiful, and naked. People who are young, beautiful, and naked are a dime a dozen. OK, so here's my pointless idea: publish an anthology of the best of these stupid articles. But only print the articles, no pictures. It'd be a monument to pointlessness and vapidity.

No comments: