Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Earlier I got the bright idea to do a search on Google for blogs that mentioned my hometown. I was hoping to find a local blog because I was curious to see what the hell they'd find to write about in this city. I didn't exactly find one, but what I did find kind of made me wish I'd never ever mentioned the name of my hometown in this blog. There was a site promoting get-togethers of blogging folk from various areas and I found info about an up-coming meeting here in Hicktown. But the scary part was one of the proposed meeting places was a restaurant/nightclub that's literally a half mile down the road from my hovel. That's too close for comfort. Next thing they'll be knocking on the door. ("Come outta there, you blogging bastard!") I can't have that. It'll only take one these local bloggers to spoil everything. And I have a confession to make, I've never knowingly met another blogger. I'm not exactly dying to meet another blogger either because I'm basically a hermit and a misanthrope. I'm probably safe from meeting any local bloggers unless they find me through Google or catch me in the act at school. But, despite all of this, I have doubts this local blog summit will amount to anything because only one person was signed up for it.

No comments: